Thursday, August 4, 2011

Makeup by Lowe's

I'm most definitely not a devotee of the Higher Beauty Culture, so I was simultaneously amused and a little grossed out to read about a new type of cosmetic called "primers," described by a fashion columnist as "thin gels you apply to fill in fine lines and even out your skin surface before you put on your foundation."
Sounds like spackle to me, but I'll bet a tiny tube of this goo is lots more expensive than a whole tub of drywall mud.
The other morning I was doing barn work with a similarly low-maintenance, middle-aged friend and mentioned this product to her, expecting hoots of derision.
Nope: "That sounds like a great idea!" she said. "I'd buy it!"

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes I read your blog and wonder how you have managed to stay so out of touch. First, your shock at what's going o in WC, for instance, and now cosmetics. If you don't wear makeup, that might explain this. And that is a personal choice. But primers have been around for years. There are those that are pricey, and others are not. They not only smooth out skin, minimize the appearance of lines and pores, but they help any type of foundation or blush to stay in place. AND they often contain sunscreen, which horsewomen, imho, seem to have eschewed to prune-like results. Get out of u-ville once in a while, woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! Good advice!
    Thanks so much for reading my blog, Anonymous.

    ReplyDelete