Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Liz Marden

I've learned that it's just plain foolish to ignore any recommendations that my sister-in-law makes for businesses, restaurants, etc. So when she raved about Liz Marden, the new bakery at 110 South Union Street in Kennett, I put it on my list right away.
I stopped by on a weekday afternoon and of course she was right: the coffee is great and the baked goods were delicious (I had a vanilla cupcake with a swirl of chocolate frosting, and a sample of the raspberry Linzer tart). You can get your goodies to go or take a moment to sit down at one of the tables inside. There were two families getting treats when I was there; at one table, a woman and two extremely well-behaved young boys were taking turns reading aloud to each other (how heart-warming is that!). You can also watch the busy white-coated bakers at work.
By the way, if the name Liz Marden sounds familiar, it's because her bakery was formerly in Hockessin.

No comments:

Post a Comment