Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Roses and thorns

My admiration for PECO workers knows no bounds. I heard them working at about 10 p.m. on Monday and figured they were making some final adjustments, as the power had come back on for a while but then clicked off again. So I went outside to watch and -- yep! just then the outside lights came back on.
I could have kissed the workers flipping the final switches with their long-handled switch-flipper.
"Thanks!" I yelled into the night, startling the dog.
"You're welcome!" I heard back. "Have a good evening!"
However: PECO's phone system could use some work. Maybe the system was overloaded -- I mean, it WAS a bad storm -- but I never got a timeframe for repairs like I usually do. All I got was exactly the same message that I'd gotten the first time I reported the outage, which is that I was welcome to call back for an update. I called repeatedly. Every time I went through the same menu, no update was given, and I was invited to call back for an update. 
Get your act together, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment