Friday, October 14, 2011

Coffee at Landhope

The weather can't make up its mind today. One minute it's pouring; the next it's sunny.
I was having coffee with a friend at the picnic tables outside Landhope when the skies simply opened up. Even though we leaned back and flattened ourselves against the outside wall of the store, we still got splashed. Two guys eating lunch retreated to their truck, but not before joining in our conversation about my troublesome car.
"Get a Chevy," was their advice.
My friend countered with her perennial recommendation that I should buy a Ford pickup like hers.
Maybe it's just my good fortune, but I've never met a mean person while eating outside at Landhope. Everyone seems to be in the mood for a chat about this or that, or just gives a cordial greeting.

No comments:

Post a Comment