Sunday, January 29, 2012

Flower power

We are so lucky to live so close to Longwood Gardens! This morning I needed to get away from a particularly tedious editing project, so I drove over there and spent a few hours wandering around. I love the smells -- the Oriental lilies, the carnations, the grapefruit tree -- and it was fun to see the tomatoes, melons, nasturtiums and marigolds already sprouting in the greenhouses. The bells in the carillon were clanging away, and people were lining up an hour ahead of time for a concert in the conservatory ballroom.

In addition to the beautiful plants, I don't know a better spot for people-watching. I was especially amused by two photographers prostrating themselves before the cineraria.
And have you noticed Longwood's new logo? It looks to me like a combination of a stylized daisy and some fancy calligraphy -- very nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment