Saturday, February 4, 2012

Bits and pieces

This week's random items:
1. Saw a Mini Cooper with a sticker on the back window saying "Actual Size."
2. Arrows painted on the pavement in parking lots are there for a reason, people! At the Y the other day a woman going against the arrows nearly hit my car. I pointed to the arrow and mouthed, "One way!" She mouthed, "I know" to me but kept driving. The wrong way. And of course she was on her cell phone. Why? WHY?
3. I'm told that our area was well represented (both in numbers and in high spirits) at the Masters of Foxhounds Association's annual meeting at the Union Club and the Pierre Hotel in Manhattan last week. (BTW, visit Foxypong's channel on YouTube for some terrific "helmet-cam"-style videos.)
4. Without comment, I will note that I just received an email from one of our elementary schools reminding parents that pupils aren't allowed to give out candy with their Valentine's Day cards.

2 comments:

  1. A whole generation of young people are going to grow up never receiving little hearts with messages of love on them. Thats terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was always partial to Hershey's Kisses myself. Raspberry fruit roll-ups just aren't the same.

    ReplyDelete