Saturday, May 12, 2012

London Grove

I just got home from the annual London Grove Friends Meeting Plant Sale. It's a highlight of my year. Not only do they have wonderful plants -- I can't find Rocket Mix snapdragons anywhere else -- but I get to catch up with so many nice people from different circles of my life, from my Unionville neighbors to my kind doctor to my younger friends. There's always a wonderful relaxed atmosphere of fellowship and tradition. (And I have to say, it was very gratifying to hear people say how much they enjoy reading my little column!)
I got there just after 7, the official start time, and the parking area across Route 926 already had row after row of cars in it. I snagged some wonderful red geraniums for the window box, a hanging basket for my mother, some herbs, the aforementioned snapdragons ... and on and on. Time to do some planting!

No comments:

Post a Comment