Sunday, June 3, 2012

Born in the USA

Two friends of mine visited the National Constitution Center on Independence Mall in Philadelphia last Tuesday and had a wonderful time. They said the exhibits are so well done and engaging that they will appeal to children and grown-ups. They brought me back a folded-up copy of the Constitution, which came in handy that very day when some friends were quarreling online about the effectiveness of the Fifth Amendment (yes, I know a lot of lawyers, and a lot of argumentative people in general). I was glad to see that I still remember every word of the Preamble, which we had to learn by heart in the eighth grade.
My friends also enjoyed the Bruce Springsteen exhibit at the museum, which runs through Sept. 3: "From Asbury Park to the Promised Land: The Life and Music of Bruce Springsteen." My friend told the tour guide to keep an eye out for Bruce himself during Devon week, because he's always in town to watch his daughter Jessica compete at the horse show.

No comments:

Post a Comment