Saturday, June 9, 2012

Lens of Unionville

A few weeks ago a friend of mine's rambunctious horse managed to knock her eyeglasses askew, and yesterday she went up to Exton to get them fixed.
"How did this happen?" asked the repair guy, inspecting the crooked spectacles.
"My horse knocked them off," she explained matter-of-factly.
But because it was Exton and not Unionville, the repair guy found this to be a highly unusual response.
"He looked at me like I was one of the Flying Wallendas!" said my friend.
Yes, it's a different world only a few miles outside of U-ville. I was in Lionville the other evening, eating ice cream at Milky Way Farms, and people were staring and pointing at the herd of Holsteins on the farm like it was odd to actually see cattle up close and personal. (By the way: the mint chocolate chip ice cream is really good there. And my fellow dessert-eater, who introduced me to this place, had a root beer float with chocolate ice cream and loved every bit of it.)

No comments:

Post a Comment