Saturday, June 30, 2012

Learning from experience

I've been asked to weigh in on the Whitewing Farm controversy in East Marlborough, and I'm reluctant to do so because I don't know the people involved or what's really going on behind the scenes. (In short: Neighbors claim that the wedding receptions at the Valley Road farm are noisy and draw traffic; the new owner said he bought the place thinking that such receptions were permitted.)
What I will say is that I fear this is going to become East Marlborough's version of the ongoing "Springdell 8" versus the Whip Tavern battle here in West Marlborough, which has brought nothing but rancor, bitterness, neighbors not speaking to neighbors, and sky-high township legal fees paid for by us taxpayers. The Whitewing Farm controversy seems to have exactly the same components, and I really hope it gets settled before the parties' positions become set in stone, emotion and ego take over, and it becomes far more about scoring points than resolving a noise and traffic dispute.
If it hasn't reached that point already.

No comments:

Post a Comment