Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Planning

Do you remember the scene in "The Day of the Jackal" when The Jackal is at a fork in the road, assessing how much the police have learned about his deadly plans and whether he needs to tweak his strategy posthaste? He makes a quick decision, raises the roof of his convertible and speeds off over the mountains.
I feel that way sometimes at the end of my driveway. Left or right? There's a gym, a grocery store, and a Starbucks to either the left or the right, pretty much equidistant. The post office is to the left. My family is to the left, my most-visited friends to the right. I try to map out the most efficient errands strategy, though blackmail-minded forgers and libidinous aristocrats aren't usually on my agenda.

2 comments:

  1. Birmingham TownshipJuly 12, 2012 at 6:12 PM

    This is BT's favorite film.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BT, I think you and I may have been separated at birth! I looked to see if this scene was in the book -- I was sure it was -- but it's not.

    ReplyDelete