Sunday, July 29, 2012

Spectator

Of course, everybody's talking about the Olympic Games in London. I'm not much of a TV viewer -- in fact, I don't even subscribe to cable TV (much to Verizon's disgust) -- but over the weekend I tuned in while I was visiting some friends.
It's certainly very exciting to see our local Unionville equestrians competing on the world scene. But I'm an enthusiastic, if unskilled, athlete, and while I was watching the women's soccer team play against Colombia, I just wanted to get out there and run around and get sweaty rather than being a couch spud.
Did you see the segment where John McEnroe was interviewing American swimmer Ryan Lochte about his training regimen? Didn't that look like fun, the tossing of medicine balls in particular? (Maybe not so much the flipping over of huge tires, though; like I could even budge one!)
And how about those close-ups of the Chinese gymnasts' injuries? "You can see the bruising," pointed out the announcer. Ouch! Get that man an ice pack stat. Thank goodness there's no video person around documenting my bruises -- say, the ones that result from doing bent-knee crunches with an 18-lb bar balanced on your shins.

2 comments:

  1. I can only imagine the ideas G. is getting from the Olympians' workouts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know!!! Good thing I got those extra ice packs, huh!

    ReplyDelete