Friday, July 27, 2012

Weather alert

That was some storm last night (Thursday, July 26)! I was driving home from dinner at the Stottsville Inn at 7 and there were ominous clouds covering the sky to the north and the wind was bending trees and whipping up clouds of dust. I just wanted to get home and hunker down.
As soon as I pulled in the driveway I saw that one of the big pines had been snapped off by the wind (the tree was weakened by a previous lightning strike). Yard cleanup time today, though I'm very much afraid my usually enthusiastic branch-hauling is going to be hampered by my still-tender incision. The storm brought with it two rounds of rain, VERY much needed.
By the way, I've heard that during a couple recent road closures due to downed trees, on Route 82 and on Route 41, the state police have been very vigilant about ticketing impatient motorists who try to bypass the "Road Closed" signs. Heads up.

No comments:

Post a Comment