Thursday, September 27, 2012

Phillips head

Our area may be one of the wealthiest around, but that doesn't mean we can't be frugal as well. After only a few months my electric toothbrush started malfunctioning, just like its predecessor had. I decided that instead of just buying a new one, I'd call the company and complain.
"My toothbrush stopped shaking," I explained to the customer service rep, describing the problem in my usual sophisticated technical language.
"Are you saying the brush head is no longer vibrating?" he translated. Apparently this is a very common problem: it seems the little metal shaft loosens and no longer imparts the desired shaking motion, which greatly impairs the quality of your tooth-cleaning experience.
So they're sending me a new one! No questions asked about when I bought it, how much I paid, etc. I just have to send back the defective one. And they'll pay for shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment