Friday, October 26, 2012

Shiny and new

There's a gleaming new guardrail, with orange reflectors, on the northwest corner of the 926/841 intersection, the scene of frequent crashes despite the four-way stop signs. We'll see how long it remains unblemished.
Not long, predicts a West Marlborough resident who lives along Route 82: "A new shiny guardrail was installed last week across from my home. In less than 24 hours a speeding woman bounced off it, shot across Route 82, then nailed my mailbox and the unshiny guardrail in front of it."

3 comments:

  1. A new shiny guard rail was installed last week across from my home. In less than 24 hours a speeding woman bounced off it,shot across Route 82,then nailed my mailbox and the unshiny guardrail in front of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. S, I passed your house at 11:30 last night on my way home. Right by the notorious ditch, a northbound motorist was stopped in the road, so I slowed to a crawl to make sure everything was OK. This apparently irritated the idiot who had been tailgating me since Ercildoun. He passed me on a double yellow line, then blew through the Blow Horn intersection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to watch yourself driving alone at night in the great open space of West Marlborough. When we have an accident I call 911 before I go out the door. Never know who or how many are out there. Be safe!!!

      Delete