Thursday, October 25, 2012

Time time tickin'

I fear I'm becoming one of those TV-ad characters who is worried about exceeding her monthly allowance for cellphone minutes (more First World problems). With two days to go in the billing cycle, I've used up 397 of my 450 minutes.
450 minutes a month works out to 7.5 hours, which seems like plenty, especially since I also have unlimited night (after 9 p.m.) and weekend minutes, and calls to other Verizon cellphones don't count. But I also have one especially talkative pal who has only a landline phone and feels the need to unburden himself during prime hours.
I didn't give him a hard time when he phoned at 8:50 last night, figuring that it was only 10 minutes until the free period started. Wrong: apparently they bill your call according to when it starts! I was on the hook for a 30-minute call even though most of it was in the supposedly free period. Good to know.
Of course, friendship is priceless. But an upgraded cellphone plan, the one with double the minutes, is really pricey! 

No comments:

Post a Comment