Friday, November 30, 2012

Berry strange

A West Marlborough resident reports a peculiar incident that occurred at her home on Monday, Nov. 26. Her dooorbell rang at 7:45 a.m. and "a total stranger wanted me to allow him to cut down my winterberry bushes so that he could make wreaths. I am thankful that he asked but I am still thinking about his nerve wanting to come into my front yard to cut down my bushes. I had them planted there for several reasons including the birds' enjoyment and for my enjoyment. However, I am glad that he asked and I thanked him for asking as I politely told him, "No," from the upstairs window."
I asked her if it would be okay for me to mention this in my column and she replied, "Sure - if it alerts folks. I think probably the man was OK but it was so early and the bush he pointed to was in my front yard. He rang the bell at 7:45 AM. I would never go to a stranger's house before 9 AM."

No comments:

Post a Comment