Friday, November 2, 2012

Deer vs. vehicle

One recent evening I spotted a deer carcass along Route 82 in Doe Run (appropriately enough) and a lively conversation ensued about how deer don't just run out in front of vehicles; they also hurl themselves into the sides of cars, even stopped ones!
One friend had an especially unpleasant drive to work before sunup on Wednesday:
"Appears that Sandy has freaked out a bunch of wild things. Had a raccoon run right in front of the car, then moments later (just after my eyes unwidened) his tag-team partner deer ran right into the side of my car. Never saw it before, during or after the collision. If it's alive I hope it learned its lesson and told all its friends. That's the SECOND deer around here that's been so stupid it ran into the SIDE of my car!
"A quick inspection showed no real damage to the car (had to unfold the mirror and readjust it), except that it's in dire need of a washing now that it's covered with deer-deposited mud. Will now blow my horn early and often while driving to work."

No comments:

Post a Comment