Thursday, January 24, 2013

Stock up now!

Frequent readers know that I have some fearless friends who are more than familiar with the local ERs, have their orthopaedic surgeon on speed-dial and can list from memory all the local 24-hour pharmacies. I've almost gotten used to receiving their alarmingly nonchalant calls about falls, concussions, sprains, dislocations, bites, stings and other mountain-biking, gymnastic, power-tool-related and equestrian mishaps.
Well, apparently the marketing powers have done their data-mining and now have me pegged as an Amateur Helper: I just received a catalog that offers a do-it-yourself surgical kit (including a suture set) and "a Trauma Pak with QuikClot" ("Let's hope you never have a sucking chest wound on the job." Indeed!). Or maybe the company figured that sending a catalog to everyone with a Unionville ZIP code would be a smart move.
And did I mention the combination nail puller, wrench and bottle opener depicted on the very same page? It's called the Exhumer. Ooooo! Just order me a gift card!

No comments:

Post a Comment