Sunday, March 17, 2013

But Mr. Pamuk is still dead

Everyone else watched the "Downton Abbey" finale weeks ago, but in my usual behind-the-times fashion I just watched it last night. Although I knew what was coming (the Facebook chatter was unavoidable), the show is so engrossing that I still was stunned by the ending. As if losing Lady Sybil in childbirth wasn't enough of a tragedy for one season! Just heart-wrenching! (And a needed reminder that times were a LOT harder 100 years ago.)
May I offer my thoughts for Season 4?
1. The scheming O'Brien jumps ship and goes to Bombay to be lady's maid for Shrimpy's wife (played by Phoebe "Cordelia" Nicholls of "Brideshead Revisited" fame, did you notice?).
2. Lady Edith's editor turns out to be lying about his insane wife whom he can't divorce (I don't trust him).
3. Please, no, don't match up Tom Branson and Lady Mary, as tempting and symmetrical as it might be. Fine, their kids can be in pony club together, but that's it.
4. Somehow we find out that Bates actually DID kill the vile Vera.
5. Wedding bells for Mr. Carson and Mrs. Hughes?


No comments:

Post a Comment