Thursday, March 7, 2013

InkedIn

A reader writes: "Any recommendations for a good tattoo shop in the Kennett area? Looking for a place where I can get a very simple piece of ink, painless, and clean (my top priority!)."
For once I am at a loss to offer advice, because for me "getting ink" means a trip to Staples. But if you have any suggestions for this reader, please send an email my way at uvilleblogger@gmail.com. Thanks!
Actually, I've been thinking about tattoos a few times in the past few days. At the Kennett Starbucks on Sunday afternoon I overheard a man and a woman whom I suspect were meeting for the first time. Their conversation was polite and stilted at first, but then they started talking about tattoos and quickly warmed up to each other, describing their "ink" and what they wanted to get done next.
And in my new editing project, a book of advice for young mental health professionals, the plain-spoken author strongly advises against getting any tattoos that will show when wearing "business casual" clothing. Not everyone accepts tattoos the way the the younger generation does, she points out, and potential clients may perceive a tattoo-laden therapist as nothing short of a thug. Hardly useful for establishing rapport.

No comments:

Post a Comment