Friday, March 8, 2013

High School Musical

"Boo the Nazis! Hiss the Baroness!"
The kids at Octorara Area High School have chosen "The Sound of Music" as their spring play, and in additional to the traditional show they're also performing a sing-along version with audience participation.
The traditional show will be at 7:30 p.m. March 15 and 16, and the sing-along version will be at 2 p.m. Saturday, at the high school auditorium at Route 41 and Highland Road. (And by the way, I'm not sure we should be hissing the Baroness: I thought she bowed out rather gracefully when she saw that the Captain was smitten by that perky governess. Too bad Bertha Rochester wasn't so accommodating.)
I didn't get to see "Guys and Dolls," which was Unionville High School's choice for the spring show, but I warn everyone involved in the production, and I speak from personal experience: every song in that show has already planted itself firmly in your brain. In 30 years, you will STILL remember every word of "Luck Be a Lady" and "Adelaide's Lament" and "Marry the Man Today" and "I've Never Been in Love Before" and "Follow the Fold" and ... I could go on, and on, and on.

No comments:

Post a Comment