Tuesday, April 23, 2013

A funny

A Kennett pal of mine enjoys a rude kind of good health but is nonetheless a hypochondriac. He emailed me yesterday afternoon: "Last night I woke up feeling dizzy, and still today if I look upward for any length of time  I get very dizzy."
Since I am a naturally helpful, kind, nurturing person, I replied immediately - and advised him to stop looking upward.
His response:
Very much appreciated your advice not to look up and was reminded of the old, but potentially new to you, vaudeville joke: Guy goes into a doctor's office and says, "Doc, I get a stabbing pain in my eye every time I drink coffee. What should I do about it?" And the doctor says, "Take the spoon out of the mug."
He could not believe that I found this joke completely hilarious.
Yep, wherever there's witty badinage and sophisticated humor, that's where you'll find Tilda!



No comments:

Post a Comment