Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Open house

I always wondered who lived in that old brick house on West Street Road at Mill Road, and now I know: the fabric artist Jennifer Cauffman! She hosted an outdoor open house on Wednesday, April 24, and I had a great time chatting with her and browsing through her colorful pillows, vests and bags, hand-painted with birds and fish and flowers. I went home with a beautiful, cheerful silk pillow that caught my eye as soon as I pulled in.
 


You can see Jennifer's art at www.gloryfibers.com. She is happy to do custom work and says she's always trying new things -- like attaching feathers to the edge of her rooster pillows.
Jennifer was also dishing up an amazing bean soup, with chips from Northbrook Orchards, and a friend of hers was selling homemade chocolate peanut butter cups and turtles. So glad I stopped by!

No comments:

Post a Comment