Wednesday, April 10, 2013

I'm old-fashioned and I don't mind it

My fellow athletes know that gym teachers have their own distinct preferences when it comes to their musical accompaniment. Some blast their music at ear-splitting volume while screaming at their class; needless to say, I give those classes and teachers a miss because I don't consider that to be motivating in any way. I also value my hearing.
And the head-banging heavy metal stuff is just painful at any volume, no other word for it.
So you can imagine what a delight it was last week when one of my instructors played a CD of the Great American Songbook! "Bewitched, Bothered, and Bewildered." "Someone to Watch Over Me." "At Last." "I'll Be Seeing You." Oh, it was wonderful!
The one young person in class, doubtless raised on an unwholesome diet of today's popular hits, was not pleased. But for one happy hour, the tastes of the 18-to-34-year-old demographic did NOT take priority.
In other gym-related matters, thank you to the Brandywine Yoga studio for hosting a trunk show of Athleta clothing, all at a 30 percent discount! Athleta gym clothes are really nice -- they have a catalog and there's a shop in King of Prussia -- and I quickly chose a new top in a cheerful pink and a hugely comfortable dress that my friends will tire of seeing this summer. Brandywine Yoga, owned by Lisa Palladino Sparta, is on Route 52 in that little shopping center at Denton Hollow Road in Pocopson Township.

No comments:

Post a Comment