Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Photo show

I'm going to return for a second visit to "Close to the Edge," the photography show at Hardcastle Galleries, 5714 Kennett Pike. The opening night, April 5, was so crowded that I couldn't do the artwork full justice (I'm only 5-foot-3, so I stared at a lot of people's backs). Among the works I did get to see: Jim Graham's amazing photos of rocks and ice from Iceland, Michael Kahn's mammoth print of a path leading over the dunes (I felt like I could step onto the path and into the painting, Looking Glass-style), and a beautiful photo by Alessandra Manzotti of two equestrians near "the tree" (the iconic tree that stands all alone atop the hill east of Springdell). The other photographers in the show are Steve Boyden, Sam Krisch and David Nibouar.
The show runs through April 27; it is well worth a visit.
I also walked just across the parking lot to browse through "Found," a very reasonably priced antiques store (www.foundcharmingobjects.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment