Saturday, July 6, 2013

One day off

Someone clever needs to come up with a term for the cognitive dissonance we feel when a holiday occurs on a weekday. The Fourth of July fell on a Thursday this year, but it felt like a Saturday, so much so that I thought about driving to the Bakers at Red Lion for some bread (they were shut due to the heat, but that's beside the point). And the day after the Fourth was actually Friday but felt like some odd Saturday/Sunday hybrid. Was the post office open? the library? Was there going to be a crossword paper in the puzzle? Was I going to have my gym class? I missed "First Friday" in Kennett completely because it didn't seem like a Friday.
Monday is going to be very confusing.
(One clever person has already chimed in, suggesting that "Holidaze" is the term I'm looking for.)

No comments:

Post a Comment