Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Flip-flop

It's the yearly flip-flop between the Kennett and Jennersville YMCAs: the Kennett Y was closed for a week of maintenance starting Aug. 18, and the Jennersville Y's shutdown week starts Aug. 25. Members can use the "other" Y while their home Y is closed.
I go to both Ys but more often to the Jennersville one; during Kennett's shutdown week I've been seeing lots of unfamiliar vehicles in the Jennersville parking lot, and several lost-looking people searching for the locker room and aerobics rooms. The new gym floor at Jennersville looks very nice -- and I'm impressed with how quickly it was installed.
I used to be ticked off that the Y would close for a week, but now I see it as a chance to try something new at the "other" Y.

No comments:

Post a Comment