Thursday, August 8, 2013

What a spectacle

Hint: If you have an important sporting event coming up, do not get your eyeglasses prescription changed the day before. You should've seen me on the tennis court Sunday morning. My depth perception was completely out of whack. The ground seemed much closer; I felt like I was about three feet tall. Even if I could discern correctly whether the ball had made it over the net, I couldn't track it as it approached me. Most of the time I was flailing at thin air.
After I dropped the first two games, I figured out that if I moved my eyes a little differently than with the old glasses, the ball would stay in focus. That made things a whole lot better. Of course, then I had to come up with another excuse for whacking the ball wide or long or into the net!

No comments:

Post a Comment