Friday, October 25, 2013

Blood drive

There were no stink bugs in sight at the blood drive at Kennett Presbyterian on Oct. 23, so all went as planned (you'll recall that a blood drive at the ChesLen Preserve a month or so back was cancelled because the Red Cross folks thought the presence of stink bugs was unhygienic). The nurse who drew my blood told me that it took only 7.5 minutes to fill up my bag, and I kind of wish she hadn't mentioned it because I'll be trying to set a personal record from now on. All the Red Cross personnel were really kind, and even the guy hauling crates of equipment thanked me for coming out. I had fun chatting with some church members afterward while we were drinking water and eating pretzels; they had a lot of nice things to say about their church, the leadership and the congregation.

No comments:

Post a Comment