Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Can you hear me now?

I've never denied having more than my share of curiosity. So when someone's old AT&T flip phone appeared Sunday afternoon at the end of my driveway, I immediately tried to turn it on and find out who the owner was (and, yes, just maybe take a peek at his or her Contacts list). Unfortunately the battery was dead and, after the heavy rain of the previous day, there was condensation inside the screen. I tried recharging it and dehumidifying it, but to no avail.
The next day I heard that over the weekend there had been several thefts from vehicles in a neighboring township, and apparently the thieves had discarded their unwanted loot around the countryside. I turned the phone in to the police department. I'm hoping they'll be able to ID the owner through the little memory card underneath the battery. Even if the phone is toast, if I were the owner I'd still want to know where it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment