Thursday, January 16, 2014

Not my speed

The other day I received an invitation to an especially fancy fundraiser in Philadelphia and got a kick out of reading the card listing the levels of support. For a cool $10,000 you get free "preferred" parking, a "reserved private lounge for 10" of your best friends, early admission and -- my favorite part -- a "dedicated beverage server" for the evening.
"Does he hold your purse when you're dancing?" asked one practical-minded friend. Another said she'd be happy to do the job for only $5,000.
With the lowest-priced ticket ($400), you get one free parking spot (but not "preferred"), and no early admission, no private lounge and certainly no beverage server, dedicated or not. Pretty shabby in comparison.
I'm sending my regrets.

No comments:

Post a Comment