Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Orchard

The Orchard Restaurant, site of many a memorable, special-occasion dinner, closed its doors as of Jan. 1. Chef /owner Gary Trevisani posted the news on the restaurant's Facebook page:
"Five and a half years ago, as I took ownership of The Orchard, I had one vision in mind: to create a unique dining experience rivaling that of a Broadway show. After all, dining is entertainment. I hope that I brought that entertainment experience to you each and every time you dined with us. But like most Broadway shows, eventually it must come to an end. ... The countless memories and amazing new friendships are reward enough for me for what has become a long, tough but spectacular time in my life."
The chef warmly thanked his staff and patrons ("I have had the pleasure to know some of the warmest and personable people of my career") and in closing hinted at things to come: "I hope to, if you should allow me, to entertain you in the future."

2 comments:

  1. Any idea why he closed or what is next?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, sorry, I don't -- he wasn't more specific in his good-bye note. I saw a van backed up to the front doorway over the weekend, I guess hauling stuff out.

    ReplyDelete