Friday, January 3, 2014

Turn to black

Read and learn from my example.
Before Christmas I bought a pack of address labels from Staples, and with all the hustle-bustle it was just a few days ago that I finally got around to sending in the receipt and paperwork for my $5 rebate. As soon as the envelope was in the mailbox, I found on my desk another rebate form that I hadn't filled out. So I walked back to the mailbox, retrieved the envelope and, drawing on my extensive reading in the murder-mystery genre, steamed open the flap by holding the envelope over a pot of boiling water.
Alas, all the murder-mysteries I've read were written before the advent of thermal paper. I got the flap ungummed neatly enough, sure, but the cash-register receipt had turned completely black from the heat!
Fortunately, the numbers I needed to claim my rebate were safely on the un-steam-damaged receipt. I quickly applied online before I could commit any more errors.
All this for five dollars! Definitely not cost-effective.

No comments:

Post a Comment