Thursday, January 23, 2014

Uriah Heep

Wow, hats off to the high-school kid staffing Foxy Loxy the other day. The place was really busy, with flocks of people ordering drinks, food and ice cream, but she managed to handle everything with a poise beyond her years. I would've been verging on the frantic.
My coffee partner and I took our drinks into their cozy living room, and our discussion led to this week's funniest auto-correct. I ordered the Quiche Lorraine, which made my pal think of the old song "Sweet Lorraine" -- except he couldn't remember who sang it. In the course of Googling, the 1970s rock band Uriah Heep (yes, named after the Dickens character) came up, and when I was texting this info to another 70s music fan on my smart phone, "Uriah Heep" morphed into "Irish Jeep."
(Long story short: it turned out that the extremely grim song my friend was thinking of was actually "Not So Sweet Martha Lorraine" by Country Joe and the Fish, from their 1967 album "Electric Music for the Mind and Body.")

No comments:

Post a Comment