Friday, April 25, 2014

Pins and needles

This morning I spent a happy hour knitting and chatting with the Needle Arts group from the Traditions at Longwood development, who kindly invited me to stop by their meeting at the Foxy Loxy coffee shop in downtown Unionville. About a dozen ladies were there working on their various knitting and crocheting projects -- I brought along a pair of socks I'm working on -- and we had a great time talking about our hobbies, our families and the local community.
The Needle Arts group is a wonderfully talented bunch. From one woman I learned a new and easy stitch that creates an interesting two-toned, almost boucle texture that we agreed would make a perfect Chanel-style jacket. From another I got a tip about a kind of circular needle that was new to me. One woman told the group about Operation Warm, the local charity that provides winter clothing for underprivileged children, and urged her fellow needlewomen to think about contributing homemade hats, scarves and gloves.
Thanks so much, Lee, for your invitation!

No comments:

Post a Comment