Sunday, April 20, 2014

Yard work


It was an excellent Saturday of yard work for me -- as I'm sure it was for many of you.
My continuing battle against the multiflora rose and the grapevines in a friend's London Grove yard continued, with the useful addition of a chainsaw to the armory. My leather gauntlets desperately need a spa day with some saddle soap.
I also toured a friend's father's garden in Pocopson, and he showed me the sad damage that the deer did to his rhododendrons over the winter (though green leaves are sprouting from the munched-on branches). In my own West Marlborough garden, the deer devoured the English ivy under my deck, and it shows no signs of growing back.
And at an East Marlborough garden I've been looking after, we played pick-up sticks all over the yard and hauled away some downed white pine branches.

No comments:

Post a Comment