Monday, April 28, 2014

Used books

For years I've seen the sign along Route 41 for the Avon Grove Lions Club book sale, and finally on Sunday I stopped by. I'm glad I did. Tucked away in the C.P. Yeatman & Sons/Mother Earth Organic Mushrooms Farm is a big barn full of used books at very low prices. Think of the annual Unionville used-book sale in a barn. I especially liked the sign that hung over the Literature section: "The Books You Had to Read in High School."
Proceeds support the Lions service projects. The club's president, Jane Frank, was there on Sunday and told me that in addition to the bluebird house program, a lesser-known program that the club runs involves loaning out hospital equipment like beds and wheelchairs to people who need it.
The book sale is open from April through October, Fridays from 4 to 7 p.m., Saturdays from 9 a.m. to noon and Sundays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Directions to the sale, at 600 North Baker Station Rd., are very well marked after you leave Route 41.

No comments:

Post a Comment