Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Another chapter in "The Island of Unionville"

I have a friend in Newlin Township who raises chickens, and I collect egg cartons for her from various friends. I was heading to "downtown" Unionville today and thought I might see her at the post office or Hood's, so I brought along my three most recently collected cartons.
No signs of her truck, but I did see a pickup from a local feed mill parked in Hood's lot, loaded with bales of hay and bags of Purina's Layena chicken feed in the back. Bingo! Maybe they could deliver my cartons.
"Hey," I called to the feed mill guys, who had just finished their lunch. "By any chance, are you going over to [Tilda's friend's farm]?"
No, sorry, they said; they'd just been there the day before.
"Every Monday," one of them explained.

No comments:

Post a Comment