Saturday, August 23, 2014

Kennett YMCA: "And we gonna let it burn, burn, burn"


This has been a humbling week, fitness-wise. You think you're in good shape until you switch up your routine a little!
Normally I split my workouts between the Kennett and the Jennersville YMCAs. This past week the latter was closed, so I tried out some different classes at the former. What a challenge! There are some extraordinarily limber teachers at Kennett, that's all I can say.
So I did three tough classes, and when Friday rolled, I was ready to take the day off from the gym. But then a friend emailed and said she'd be at a Friday-evening class, and I really should attend too. I didn't want to let her down, so even though I was feeling pretty beat up, I said yes.
So I walked in to class -- and she wasn't there. Class started -- and she wasn't there. The warm-up finished -- and she wasn't there. In my head I was composing an arch email for the ages to send her when finally she came in, breathless: she'd been delayed by a crash on Kennett Pike at the Tower Hill School.

No comments:

Post a Comment