Thursday, August 21, 2014

Longwood Gardens: Lights! Camera! Fountains!


On Aug. 18 I got an email from a reader who wondered what was going on at Longwood Gardens: "As I was walking at Longwood this morning, I was redirected around the Italian Gardens. I saw what looked a lot like a film production - light poles, trailers, lots and lots of cable. One of the security guards told me, 'If you want to be in pictures, here's your chance.' There's also a big white tent set up in the Open Air Theatre." What, she wondered, was going on?
I asked around and found that several locals were wondering exactly the same thing. A Kennett restaurant owner noticed what she called a "cloud" on the set of the shoot: "Big, white inflated thing, tethered to hover and diffuse light for the photo shoots below. New to me! Would make an awesome patio cover!"
Another reader said a security guy told her they were shooting a documentary. Pretty cool!
By the way, the Longwood fireworks on Aug. 16 were spectacular. Our guests from the Midwest said they'd never seen some of the types of fireworks that were set off, especially the ones that looked like a crested celosia.

No comments:

Post a Comment