Friday, September 12, 2014

SHOPPING CART: British food close to home

For the local Anglophiles (there seem to be an inordinate number), I have good news: there's a British food section at the Giant on Route 1 east of Kennett (the one that used to be a Genuardi's). Usually the only time I'm at that store is when I need to dash in and pick up an emergency missing item, so I hadn't really checked it out until a few weeks ago.
McVities Digestive Biscuits, Hobnobs, salad cream, Ribena, baked beans, canned mushy peas, Mars bars: all there! All in metric measurements! Such culinary delights, and such happy memories of the messy little kitchen in the dorm at my British university.
And when you're there, stop in and get a bagel at Palm-a-Bagel in the same shopping center. They are the best and so incredibly fresh.

 
[CAPTION: The British food section at the Longwood Giant.]

No comments:

Post a Comment