Friday, March 6, 2015

DOUBLE GLAZING: The benefits of a garage

Foolishly, I left my car outside during the freezing rain last Tuesday afternoon instead of putting it in the garage. The poor vehicle accumulated a coating of ice that took quite a while to defrost. While the vents were blasting hot air onto the windshield and the embedded wires were melting the ice on the back window, I ran the side windows up and down to dislodge the ice. As I lowered the front passenger window I saw with wonder that the ice had formed a second, completely intact window behind it. I reached over to clear it and most of it collapsed -- into the car, of course.
And why, you ask, was I venturing out in an ice storm? To attend the monthly West Marlborough township supervisors' meeting, of course. Which, in the end, was postponed to a night on which I had another commitment anyway.

1 comment:

  1. There are rumours that the manufacturing plant near Manchester is to go. If so, those who are using Rehau can expect their www.forgetthesalesman.co.uk

    ReplyDelete