Friday, March 20, 2015

LABCORP: Tilda is an inattentive customer

This morning I became the stereotype of a zonked-out teenager. I went to the LabCorp office in Kennett for a routine blood draw. Almost every seat in the waiting room was full, so I signed in and then plugged in my headphones to listen to music, expecting a long wait.
Well, apparently the receptionist called my name a couple of times and I didn't respond. Finally another woman caught my eye and brought the fact to my attention.
I promptly pulled out my earbuds and sheepishly went up to the receptionist, who was highly amused and said her daughter does that in the car all the time: "I'll be talkin' and talkin' and she's like, what?"
I apologized and made a point of deliberately unplugging the jack from the phone in front of her and she laughed.
Not only was the clerk pleasant and tolerant, even with a jammed waiting room early on a snowy morning, but the woman who did the blood draw was so good that I didn't even feel it. Well done!

No comments:

Post a Comment