Sunday, March 15, 2015

THUMBS UP: A stunning "West Side Story" production

Halfway home from the Saturday-night show of "West Side Story" I turned to my fellow musical-goer and said, "How on earth am I going to write about this?"
It was such a stunning show that you simply had to be there. What talent Unionville High School has! I can't adequately describe how terrific the dancing, singing, acting, costumes, sets and music were. It was a hugely entertaining evening, with moving versions of the classic Leonard Bernstein/Stephen Sondheim songs.
As we walked into the auditorium, I took one look at the set and said, "This is so far from the plays I did in high school." The woman in front of me turned around, nodded and said, "This is like Off Broadway."
She was right.
My awestruck congratulations to everyone involved in the show, and very best of luck to the graduating seniors. I look forward to seeing the younger members of the cast in many more shows.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr. L, I didn't even start to do it justice. A great show! Huge congrats!

    ReplyDelete