Friday, May 1, 2015

CELTIC MUSIC: RUNA is performing in Hockessin

After I write about a concert I attend, people will often tell me, "Wow, I wish I'd known about that!"
Well, here's a nearby show that sounds like it will be really special: the Green Willow Folk Club will present the Irish/American roots band RUNA at the Hockessin Memorial Hall at 7:30 p.m. Monday, May 18. Tickets are $25 in advance (reservations@greenwillow.org or call 302-456-3242) and $28 at the door.
The band members are Dublin-born guitarist/vocalist Fionán de Barra; mandolin/banjo player Dave Curley, from Galway; percussionist Cheryl Prashker, from Montreal; fiddler Maggie Estes White, from Kentucky; and Philadelphia-born Shannon Lambert-Ryan, vocalist and band manager. Their website is www.runamusic.com.
And en route to Hockessin, why not stop off for dinner ahead of time at the Taqueria Moroleon on Route 41?

No comments:

Post a Comment