Friday, May 1, 2015

TRACK: These middle-schoolers are on the move

I watched The Young Relative in action at a Patton Middle School track meet one recent afternoon. Sitting in the bleachers, in the sun, with friends and family is not the worst way to spend a few hours. Thanks to his brightly colored sneakers, it was easy to keep track of the Young Relative as he was competing or waiting to compete.
There were some terrific young athletes, boys and girls, with graceful, effortless-looking form. I enjoyed seeing the kids outside, taking a break from their devices (yes, I know; I should talk), and cheering each other on. I especially admired the guts shown by those who got lapped and finished last by many lengths. They just kept plugging away, a skill that will serve them well in later life.

No comments:

Post a Comment