Saturday, June 20, 2015

LA MANCHA: Saving critters one animal at a time

"Yappy Hour," the fundraiser and open house at La Mancha Animal Rescue, was great fun and drew a nice crowd on a warm Friday afternoon. The main attraction was the animals, of course: not only dogs and cats but horses, chickens, geese, ducks, turkeys and a pot-bellied pig (who is apparently a very tolerant fellow: he allowed one of the roosters to perch on his back). Volunteers were holding a meet-and-greet between the animals and potential "forever homes." There were all kinds of animal-related crafts and products on sale, as well as refreshments. I especially enjoyed meeting the farm's "signature" dogs, the large, white, very furry Great Pyrenees.
As I was driving in I saw a friend leaving: "I have to get out of here before I adopt something!" she said (understandably; she shares her farm with many critters already).

No comments:

Post a Comment