Saturday, August 15, 2015

STOP MEANS STOP: 5-0 on patrol along Route 926

The other afternoon I noticed that the police were sitting in the driveway at London Grove Friends Meeting watching for stop-sign violators. It seems to be one of their favorite spots: I was surprised to learn how many of my pals "fessed up" to having been stopped for running the stop signs there.
Apparently the violation carries a hefty fine. And you just KNOW that a friend or neighbor is going to be driving by while you're sitting there with a police cruiser behind you. Your photo will be on Facebook before you get home.
Another friend reports that the police have also been monitoring the four-way stop signs at the awful intersection of Routes 841 and 926. Don't even think about doing a "rolling stop" through there.
I was southbound on the Route 1 bypass at about 8 p.m. Friday evening, between Route 82 and Newark Road, and when a motorcyclist absolutely flew by me. I can't even estimate how fast he (I assume it was a "he") was going because it was mere seconds before he disappeared from view. I thought about calling the police, but I figured he was already to the Maryland line by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment