Saturday, August 15, 2015

WEST MARLBOROUGH: An outdoor wedding at Rokeby Hollow

This heartwarming item is courtesy of Don Silknitter, a retired Unionville schoolteacher who lives here in a lovely historic mill on the Buck Run here in West Marlborough. I'll let him tell it:
"Last Sunday two strangers pulled into the driveway. One of them got out of the truck and knocked on our door. He introduced himself and had a question for me. Could he get married in my front yard on Saturday? To his surprise I said, "SURE."
"Today, Saturday has arrived. Around 6 this evening he and his bride were married at Rokeby Hollow."
Don reports that his wife, Joanie, decorated the gazebo where the couple pledged their troth and even "made up small bags of rice, which I'm sure the field mice will eat."

No comments:

Post a Comment